Sprinkles

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Out in the rain....

Two days in a row, out driving in the rain. Hate to do it, hate to get my car wet, but I was also getting cabin fever. Yesterday afternoon, I went to the local Hallmark store that's going out of business. Everything in the store (except for Valentine stuff) is marked down-- between 15% to 80%. I bought a bunch of Christmas things, to use for either an Open House party or a small dinner party.... and I also found New Year's Eve plates and napkins and gift bags, which I also bought (80%-off on those). I had a coupon here for that store, which of course I forgot to bring along, so I will have to get back there before the coupon expires at the end of the month.

In the same strip-center as the Hallmark store, there's a used book store, so I also stopped there. Found some good books, all just one dollar each, plus I found some beautiful Christmas books that I put away for Christmas gifts (those were half-off their already-low price, and they're new books, not used).

On the way home yesterday, I stopped at the local Greek Deli for some take-out. Hadn't been there for quite some time, and when I tasted some of the lentil soup I bought, I remembered why--- that man just puts too much salt in everything. The Greek restaurant in Kemah is much better... but also much further away, and I wasn't going to drive down there in the rain.

Raining again today... it just hasn't quit since yesterday. The grass in the backyard looks like a little pond. (Waterfront property!) I met A today at the movies, to see DreamGirls. What a great movie... wonderful music, beautiful costumes.... and now I know why Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy were nominated for Oscars. They both were very good in that movie, but so was everyone else. At the beginning of the movie, Beyonce's scenes show her with hardly a drop of make-up on. She looked as if she were a young teenager. Amazing what make-up can do. The scenery, the clothes, the make-up, the songs... all exceptional. Definitely a "chic movie," as my husband would call it. There are a lot of other chic movies out there, so A and I will see some of the others.

Hopefully, the rain will have stopped by the next movie-date. Stupid weather... totally stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home