Sprinkles

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More rain.... more cold....

Still another rainy day here. And just when we thought the temperatures were going up and the sun was making a come-back. It's cold. It's raining. It's damp, dark, dreary.... everything that southeast Texas is not supposed to be. I can't stand it.

The cats are getting cranky... they can't spend too much time out on the screen-porch because it's too cold. Mickey Kitty is chasing AngelBoy and ShadowBaby from one end of the house to the other... that little cat actually hides in a corner, waiting for one of the older cats to walk by so he can pounce on him. I have to laugh, though, because when I say Mickey Kitty! .... he just falls to the floor, rolls over on his back and looks at me upside-down. He does that each and every time, and it just makes me laugh. The other two cats don't think he's funny, but I think he's a scream.

Speaking of scream... yesterday at the dental office, I could have screamed. But I was good... the dentist removed an old crown, did the repair work underneath that it needed, and took the impression for a new crown. I now have a temporary crown till the new one is ready. Last night, my mouth was so sore on the left side that it was hard to talk, even harder to laugh. I had soup for lunch, oatmeal for dinner. Keeping everything on the soft side till my gums feel a little better. I think the pain was from the shots of Novocaine... because today my mouth feels fine, but I can still feel a hardness on the side of my gums where the Novocaine went in. Oh well... this too shall pass. Along with the weather... we're all waiting for that to pass too.

No more Valentine cards to make... I am all Valentine-d out, unless I think of someone else to make one for. My sister called yesterday and I was telling her about those cards. She kept saying "Mmmmhmmm....." I was waiting for her to tell me that I have too much time on my hands, but she didn't. Then I thought she'd ask me if our Hallmark store was closed, but she didn't ask that either.

Speaking of the Hallmark store, the local one is indeed going out of business at the end of February, so I really have to get over there and see what kinds of sales they're having. There are two other Hallmark stores in the Bay Area here... one at the Mall, and one in a small strip-center acrosss from the Mall. Neither one is as good as the one we have here. Oh well. One more store bites the dust. Yet they still keep building new strip-centers. Slowly but surely, all the pasture lands around here are disappearing. In place of the cows on those properties, we'll have concrete parking lots. Oh goodie. I'd rather see the cows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home