Sprinkles

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday Morning Surprise

I was getting ready to take our dog Gracie to the vet this morning, and our young friends C and L rode up the driveway on their bicycles and parked them by the back door. As soon as I heard Gracie barking, I knew it was the girls.... that dog has a distinct bark for friends that she recognizes, and whenever C comes over, Gracie has a quick and happy bark.

The girls came over without having breakfast, so I quickly scrambled-up some eggs and made toast for them. We've seen C every week, but it's been a while since we saw her friend L, so it was really nice to see the girls together again. L hadn't seen the pictures of Mayberry Cottage, so while I took Gracie to the vet's office, my husband showed L all the photos of the cottage and the lake. I'm sure that C showed L my sitting room in all its present glory--- filled with furniture and boxes for Mayberry. Young C is very proud of me these days, just because I have a "cluttered and not-so-neat" sitting room. I told her to take a good look, because once we move all this stuff up to Mayberry, she will once again be seeing a very neat room.

As for the vet.... poor Gracie didn't know she was going in to see "Uncle Todd" for a minor operation this morning. She had a bubble of skin growing near her left eye.... been there for a few months now, but it didn't seem to be bothering her at all. Last week, I noticed that the bubble had grown in size.... time to see the vet about that. So that's where we were heading early this morning...... and no breakfast for Gracie, since I was hoping that Todd could take care of it today if it needed to be done.

And that's what happened...... he told us the "bubble" would continue to grow, but they're usually just simple benign tumors. The larger the bubble, the harder it is to remove, so it's better to get it out while it's very small. Being that I didn't let Gracie eat anything this morning, he was able to keep her there and remove the tiny tumor. Poor Gracie.... she was trying to hide behind my legs... trying to get out of the door..... very sad to watch, but it had to be done. She'll be ready to come home this afternoon, as soon as the anesthesia wears off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home