Sprinkles

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Yard Sales

These yard-sale weekends are wearing me out...... I don't know if it's getting up at 5:30 that's making me tired, or the early morning heat that's doing it. But on the bright side, the sales were worth the trouble this morning, so that was a good thing.

I found an outdoor table and chairs for Mayberry.... white wrought-iron-- a round table with four chairs. The table needs to be spray-painted, but the chairs are just fine.... the whole set was just ten dollars. Again, I had to make two trips to get it all home, but the yard sale was just a few blocks away, so that wasn't too bad.

I also found a small bookcase for C's Cabin..... all wood, three shelves, and it hasn't been painted so she can leave it as it is, or paint it whatever color she likes. That was just three dollars, and it's the perfect size for her cabin. Another sale had a beautiful wicker and wrought iron chair that I can use on the porch at the cabin.... one perfect chair, for one dollar.

So many pieces of furniture out there today, but most of it wasn't cottage-style, so I left it all where it was. There was even another kitchen set this morning, but the one we found yesterday was more lake-house style than the one today. I found a beautiful set of bedding.... comforter and pillows, all new and un-used..... the lady said it was a gift and the colors didn't match her bedrooms. Perfect for the cottage guest room..... light blue and green on an ivory background..... very un-fussy, un-frilly. So that's all packed up as well. The boxes just keep on multiplying like rabbits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home