Sprinkles

Friday, July 07, 2006

Cottage Stuff

I spoke to the current owner of the lake house today. Very nice lady, sad to be leaving their home there, but really excited to be moving closer to their new grandbaby. She will be fixing up another vacation getaway, so she won't be selling any of the furniture that's in the lake house now. Which means we will have to buy a bed for the master bedroom right away, when we take everything else from here to there.

We'll also have to buy a fridge, because the sellers are taking that as well, along with the washer/dryer. I was hoping they would leave those large appliances, but they had said from the beginning that those items wouldn't be included in the sale. So that makes two things on the must-get-right-away list.... a bed and a fridge. The washer/dryer can wait a while... I can just bring laundry home and wash it here.

I was hoping to buy the sofas that she had in the living room there, but at least I know what sort of style can work nicely in that large room. One day at a time.... it will be an adventure furnishing Mayberry, starting with everything here that we'll be taking up there. I already have enough small tables and lamps, plus all my wicker chairs.... we'll just have to look for the larger pieces of furniture once we get there.

We got a phone call from our young Miss C late this afternoon. She is home from Girl Scout camp, and called us less than ten minutes after getting into her house. She's still all excited about the cottage, and asked me if the closing would be sooner than we thought. That child can't wait to get up there and decorate her cabin, in her "beach-y" theme.

Before C left for camp, I asked her if she wanted a guest book for her cabin.... I had an extra one here when I asked her that. I know she has always loved our guest book for the house here, and she has never failed to sign her name whenever she comes here. It's been nice over the years, to see how her handwriting has changed as she's grown.

Miss C's eyes lit up when I asked her if she wanted her own guest book for her cabin, and she jumped up and down when I gave it to her. C is also excited about planting the flowers for Miss Frankie... she has already found a special place in Mayberry's garden, to plant the Morning Glory seeds. I had given packets of Morning Glory seeds to Frankie's friends in our Charades group after she passed away. Miss C never planted her seeds because she could never find "the perfect special place." The flower garden faces the open water of the lake, so the flowers will be facing west. Miss Frankie's flowers will see the magic of the sunsets.

Miss Frankie would've loved Mayberry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home