Sprinkles

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Morning Walks

My husband decided to use the local high school track for his morning exercise, and I went with him this morning. While he jogged around the quarter-mile track, I walked it. We caught up with each other twice (or I should say that I caught up with him). I don't like jogging, and much prefer to walk faster than to run slowly.

I used to walk on a more regular basis, but it's a boring thing to do unless you're walking with someone else. My evening exercises have gone by the wayside these last couple of months. I used to exercise while watching "The Amazing Race" and "The Apprentice," as well as during the afternoon Oprah shows. The first two television shows have ended for the season now, and I've been too busy to watch Oprah since we started this lake-house adventure.

That isn't to say that I haven't been exercising. I've lost count of how many times I've walked around this house selecting things to pack for Mayberry Cottage... and as that old saying goes--- "I should have a nickel for every time" I've gone out to the garage to get packing paper and boxes. I'm so glad that I saved all of those great boxes and packing material from when we had things moved here from Gary's mom's house in New York. I knew they'd come in handy for something, and now I've been using them. When we unpack these boxes at the cottage, I'll toss most of the boxes away and just keep a few of the medium-sized ones in the garage up there.

The front seat of my little car is filled with things to bring to my friend L at J's antique shop this afternoon. Things that I was going to sell on eBay, but I just don't have the time now. I will trade those items for stuff that I can use for the cottage. I plan to start back on eBay in September, but for now, I'd rather get some of these smaller things out of this "eBay closet" and get some things I know we can use at Mayberry.

We're both on a organizational frenzy here. My husband went through his computer room and cleaned out a bunch of things that he no longer uses. He has been setting up a new computer for the past three days, so that spurred the clean-up of that closet. Out with the old... in with just what he truly uses. I've got more things for the donation box that I keep in the garage, and I think I now have enough scrap paper to last me for the rest of my life.

One part of our garage is now piled with boxes all packed and sealed, ready to be moved to the cottage. I've got some pieces of furniture out there as well, and I hope to be able to speak to the sellers of the cottage and see if they're going to be selling some of the furniture that's up there now. You never know.... they just might not have use for some of that stuff.

We've set up an appointment to get Mayberry Cottage inspected, along with the little cabin, the garage, the boathouse, dock, bulkhead, etc. We're moving right along with everything there, now that the contracts are all signed. The longest part of the process will be the title search. They don't have computers up there to do that... it's all done by hand, going through all the records on each and every house up there. A slow process that really should be updated, considering the interest in properties in those towns surrounding the lake. But their slow process is giving me time to pack things up from here, so I guess that's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home