Sprinkles

Friday, April 28, 2006

Blanco

The next town was Blanco...... another sleepy, sad little town that just needed some tender loving care to make it something special. We stopped at the visitor's center in an old courthouse to get some suggestions for antique shops, realtors, restaurants.

There were just a couple of antique shops, only one realtor, and one restaurant. We decided not to bother with the realtor, being that we wouldn't consider living in that town anyway. We weren't all that hungry for lunch yet, so we waited on that as well.

We did stop in two interesting little antique shops....... I found a glass fruit bowl with a pedestal which I was looking for (a birthday gift for C's mom), and I was happy to give the $10 to the elderly lady who owned the shop. In the second shop, I found a Limoges cup and saucer, with Lily of the Valley flowers on it...... beautiful handpainted cup and saucer, which I really don't need, but I love those flowers because they remind me of my grandmother. And the owner of that shop was a nice little man who told us that he played guitar and banjo with a group of "old guys" who play anywhere, "even for free, just so's we can play." We stayed and talked to that old man for nearly half an hour, and enjoyed every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home