Sprinkles

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Morning After.........

I think I went to bed at 2:30 last night......... Clean-up was easier because of the plastic and paper plates, but there were still lots of serving dishes and silverware to get into the dishwasher, plus all the cups and saucers from the coffee and tea. And I don't like to go to bed with the living room and dining room looking like a party just broke up, so I got those rooms back in order before calling it a night.

The sun is out this morning and it's bright and cold........ where are the warm temperatures that we had??? "Cold" meaning it's about 55 degrees out there, and it had gotten colder during the night. Some areas had a "hard freeze" last night, as the weatherman called it. (Is there a soft freeze?) I should quit complaining, because I heard that NY was expecting at least twelve inches of snow yesterday. I'm surprised my sister didn't call me to tell me that, but she knew we were getting ready for the party here.

I woke up this morning at 8:15 and jumped out of bed because Barry Manilow was going to be on "CBS Sunday Morning," or whatever that morning show is called. I turned on the little TV in the kitchen and kept an ear out for Barry's segment. When it was getting close to 9:00, I thought he might have been on in the first part of the show, which I missed. Then I realized that the show is on for over an hour, so I kept listening as I was straightening up the breakfast room.... and then there was Barry, in all his humble best. No wonder he is so loved by his fans...... he really is such a nice person, and even after all these years, he still finds it hard to believe what music has done for his life. And to his life as well, I'm sure. He keeps his private life very private, which I admire. So many "celebrities" feel the need to splash everything onto the media and/or public.

I'm still shaking my head over last night's party....... it was just so very, very good. My husband is still sleeping, and when he wakes up, I'm sure we'll be talking about it once again. I couldn't imagine having a better party than last night's, but I've said that before. Somehow, we always manage to top ourselves. I have friends in NY who would just love these parties, and on mornings like this, I find myself wishing that I could have those NY friends here. And really, with all that snow up there, wouldn't they like it better here anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home