Sprinkles

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Out With the Old.........

The new dishwasher was delivered today....... one GE dishwasher in the back of a pick-up truck with one installer from Best Buy. He had the old dishwasher out and the new one installed within an hour's time. Probably less than an hour..... it might have just seemed that long because Gracie barked from the minute he pulled into the driveway till the minute he pulled out.

This new one has push-buttons instead of the dial, and looks very stream-lined. Perfect ivory color, perfectly neat and tidy door-front on the dishwasher. The other GE was a top-of-the-line model and it lasted for nearly 16 years, so that's what I'm expecting from this one, which is also their top model.


I've started to plan the lunch for St. Patrick's Day, and the dinner for Easter Sunday. I've decided to have a lunch for 8, rather than a tea party for St. Patty's. Last night's dinner out with our friends J & S was so enjoyable that I decided I'd rather do a dinner party than a tea. So I started a box for St. Patty's Day, and another box for Easter Sunday. The invitations are in the boxes, and so are the vintage postcards that I'll be using as placecards. The shallow boxes are just to keep everything separate while I'm planning both dates.... the boxes fit easily onto my closet shelves, which keeps them away from curious kitty-eyes and kitty-paws.

It's very easy to stay organized with this closet in my sitting-room. You open the closet doors and you're faced with about 20 shelves......... plenty of room for eBay items waiting to be posted, Half.com books waiting to be sold, placecards and favors and centerpieces waiting for the next lunch or dinner or Charades party. Plus all of my wrapping and party items, and craft supplies, for when the creative urge pops up.


The weather has gotten back to normal here......... low 80s, rather than low 50s. It wasn't as sunny as it could've been today, but that's okay. I'll take cloudy and warm over sunny and cold... at least for a while.


And speaking of "out with the old," that's what I've been doing with the clothes in my closet again. I've been watching that show "What Not to Wear" on the TLC channel........ love that show! As a result, I hereby swear never ever to buy another piece of clothing larger than a scarf that is covered with a floral print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home