Sprinkles

Thursday, October 20, 2005

"Houston, We Have a Pennant."

That was the headline of today's Houston Chronicle, which celebrated the outcome of last night's Astros game. The Astros haven't ever been in a World Series game before, so of course this is a big deal down here. I don't think there's an available ticket to one of the home games, unless you want to pay hundreds (possibly thousands) of dollars to a scalper.

We'll be watching the games on TV.... better seats, but I guess you can't compare that to a seat at the ballpark. My husband is already preparing. We went food shopping this morning, and he got the essentials-- hot dogs, iced tea, chips, nuts. (I bought dried pineapple, so I guess I'm ready too.)


Food shopping..... I am hating it more and more. It's better when we both go, because my husband can lift the heavy things, like the cartons of iced tea and the large boxes of cat-litter. All the big items are just getting heavier these days.

And I thought it was just me, not liking the new layout of the grocery store. My husband said it was non-intuitive. (Translation: confusing.) The store wasn't crowded this morning, so at least that was a plus. I walked up and down every aisle and got what was on my list. My husband walked up and down every aisle and got what was new and interesting. At this point in my grocery-shopping life, I don't care what goes into the shopping cart.

The supermarket has some new shopping carts, with a little car attached to the front of it. Children can sit in the brightly-colored car and pretend to steer it around the aisles, while their parent pushes both the car and the cart around the store. (The whole contraption must weigh a ton, especially when filled with groceries.)

Maybe that's the answer. Next time we go grocery shopping, I think I'll just sit in one of those little cars, and my husband can push me around the store while I say "Are we done yet?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home