Sprinkles

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mickey-Houdini Kitty

Try as I might, I just can't keep a bell-collar on Mickey Kitty. He's getting bigger now, and the little elastic-stretch cording just isn't working on him anymore. I need to keep a bell on him because he's still small, and very fast...... and if we don't know that he's close by, we're bound to trip over him. Not good for him, not good for us.

I still had ShadowBaby's bell-collar from when he was Mickey Kitty's size, so I thought that would work just fine for now. Mickey Kitty doesn't agree. He didn't mind the elastic-stretch cord with the bell, but this thicker collar just isn't his style, I guess. No sooner do I have it on him, and I can hear his little bell jingle-jangling as he tries to get it off his neck. And he always does. I don't know how he undoes the little clasp, but whenever I find his blue collar on the floor, the clasp is always undone. Maybe he's telling me that blue just isn't his color?

Well, I guess he wins. I will go back to keeping an elastic-stretch cord on him, with his little bell. I'll have to stop by PetsMart and see what types of collars they have. Maybe I can find one with a different clasp, or one that isn't so wide. Or one with a lock and key that he can't get off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home