Sprinkles

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Halloween Tea Party

My sweet little C and her friend L are in the mood for tea again.... so we're having a pre-Halloween tea party this weekend. I've made placecards with pumpkins and ghosts on them, and I've bought little scarecrows for each place setting. I found tiny creamers and vases, one for each setting, and the little scarecrows will rest on them so they're setting up just a little higher than the teacups.

I found tea books for each of the girls, "Time for Tea," by Mary Engelbreit... lots of cute ideas for tea cakes and tea parties, and lots of colorful photographs that I know the girls will appreciate. The little books, along with the scarecrows sitting the creamers, will be their party favors. As well as the placecards. I've been trying to out-do myself with the placecards, since C is using them to decorate her school locker. I went to Hobby Lobby last week and found lots of stick-on decorations that were made for scrapbooking, but work nicely with the heavy cardstock that I use for the placecards.

I also invited their moms again, as well as a friend of ours from Babbo Bruno's. When I told K about C's interest in tea parties, she asked me if I would invite her to the next one. Well, what better reason to put together another tea party?!

Instead of playing the Tea Bingo game again, I bought a deck of pumpkin-shaped playing cards. C taught us a game called "Kings in The Corners" when we were up in Magnolia during Hurricane Rita, so I thought it would be fun to play cards with the pumpkin deck. Keeping with the theme of the party!

Speaking of tea party themes, I also bought decks of cards in the shapes of Valentine hearts and Easter eggs, so when those months roll around, I'll be ready. Seems that we've been having a tea party every month. Which isn't a complaint, mind you. I'm just trying to stay ahead of myself so I have things in the house for each theme.

And as I type this, AngelBoy is sitting by my feet, meowing his little cat heart out. Either there's no food in his dish, or there's a litter box that needs attention. Bless his little blue-eyed cat-soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home