Sprinkles

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Waiting for The Dough....

(How's that for a play on words...)

Ever since the weekend we stayed up in Magnolia because of Hurricane Rita, we've been trying to get a Pillsbury Bread & Dough Machine, just like the one that our new-found friends R and A had in their Magnolia kitchen.

Honestly, the aroma of fresh bread baking in the morning was just heavenly while we were there--- and it sure took our minds off of the approaching hurricane. Made the entire house feel warm and cozy, more so than it already was. And imagine... you just pour in all the ingredients, plug the machine in, and within two hours, you have the most delicious loaf of steaming-hot bread.

We looked around at a few of the local stores...... found lots of bread machines, but not the Pillsbury one. I tried eBay, and lo and behold, there was one listed. Apparently, it had been a wedding gift that was used once or twice, and then it just sat on the counter.

Off to eBay it went, and I was lucky enough to be the winning bidder, getting it for a ridiculously low price, plus shipping. That was a couple of weeks ago now, and I'm still waiting for it. The seller has been in touch with me since the end of the auction. She's at home with a new baby, her husband goes off to work with their one car, and she gave him three eBay packages to mail the day after the auctions ended. The packages sat in the car's trunk all week, till I eMailed her to ask when (and if) the bread machine had been mailed.

Oops. She found them still in the trunk of the car. Deepest apologies, busy with baby, only one car, so sorry for the inconvenience. Not a problem.... I told her not to be too hard on hubby. She told me that the bread machine would be mailed out yesterday, so I'm hoping that she or her husband did just that.

I figured we could try out the bread machine and see if we like it, and see if we'll really use it enough to have it take up counter space. If not, I'll be either donating the bread machine to the local Senior Center, or listing it on eBay myself in the not-too-distant future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home