Sprinkles

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Brown-Eyed Mickey Kitty

Bless this little brown-eyed kitten......... he's full of love, full of joy, and just makes us smile. As soon as you look at him, he flops over on his back and looks at you upside-down with his cute little eyes. Light-brown eyes on this little chocolate-brown kitten... gorgeous coloring.

We've been letting him sleep inside the house for the past couple of nights. He slept on my husband's pillow for a few hours, then switched sides and slept on my side of the bed, with his little body on the bed and his head on the edge of my pillow. The nights are still warm, and ShadowBaby, who usually sleeps on my side of the bed, fell asleep on the screen-porch and didn't come in when I called him, so I left him there to sleep, along with AngelBoy.

Last night, Mickey Kitty was the only cat inside the house. He didn't wake us up, but as soon as my husband got out of bed this morning, Mickey jumped off the bed and was ready to start his day. Each cat is so different....... when Rusty slept inside the house, he would wake me up every few hours because he wanted food. (Which he didn't get in the middle of the night.) AngelBoy would always wake up around 3:00 in the morning and want me to pet him or play with him. He would drop one of his toys near my slippers and meow till I saw it there. Or, if he used his litter box in the middle of the night, he would wake me up to let me know the box needed to be cleaned out. (Honestly! He doesn't like a soiled box, no matter what time of the day or night it is.)

ShadowBaby, when he's sleeping inside, will always wake me up between 5:00 and 5:30 every morning. He wants to be let out on the screen-porch at that hour, and he will do whatever he can to get my attention at that early hour..... jump to the top of my husband's dresser, or walk on the end table near my side of the bed, or press his little nose to my nose until I just give in and get up and let him on the porch.

But Mickey Kitty...... sleeping all through the night....... what a great cat! I hope he doesn't outgrow such a saintly habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home