Sprinkles

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Nearly Midnight

I swear, I don't know how the days just get away from me the way they do. Nearly midnight now, and I didn't get to exercise today, and I played the piano for less than an hour this afternoon. I've been working on the music from Walt Disney's "It's a Small, Small World." The melody is simple enough, but the chords are confusing. I've been trying to practice this when my husband isn't home because I've played it so much now that he must be sick of hearing it.

I did, however, finish the book I was reading: "Swan," by Frances Mayes. She's the author who wrote "Under The Tuscan Sun," which was made into a movie not too long ago. I didn't see the movie, nor do I plan to... but I will read that book.

"Swan" is the name of a small town in Georgia, filled with unforgetably southern characters. The book captures you from the beginning and carries you along effortlessly. Interesting story about a family and the secrets they keep and the past they discover. My sister found this book on one of the bargain shelves of Barnes & Noble and told me I needed to find it. She said it was a "keeper," and she was right.


Mickey Kitty has been inside the house so much now that he doesn't like being put out on the screen-porch anymore. And he knows when he's about to be put out there because I take off the little stretch-string with his little bell on it. I keep that on him when he's in the house, just so I can find him easily, but I take it off when he's on the porch because I don't want him getting that string caught on the wicker furniture out there. Can't be too careful when there's a kitten in the house, cat-mama that I am. So now he sits out there by the window, meowing at me when I put him out on the porch for the night. He wants in, I know, but he's still too little to keep in the house all night long while we're asleep.


I went shopping for party-favors today for the Halloween party. I found some great scented candles-- they smell like candied apples. I bought a dozen of those for the ladies, along with a dozen small pumpkin-shaped bottles of bubbles--- cute little things with a tiny wand to blow two sizes of mini-bubbles. I had mini champagne-bottles of bubbles at one of our New Year's Eve parties and everyone enjoyed those, so these will be fun too.

We changed our minds (or should I say that I changed our minds) about the theme of this Halloween party. Instead of having the Dinner Mystery Theatre, we're going to stick with Charades. We always have such a blast with that, so I don't think we should ruin a good thing. Plus, everyone joins in to play Charades, but with the Mystery Theatre play, only a third of the group would have parts, which lightens up the energy in the party. Better to just stick with what works, so everyone enjoys the night.

I still need more stuff for favors, but I'll find them along the way. This is why I get started so early with all the preparations...... it takes time, but when you give yourself extra time, it doesn't seem so much like a difficult thing to do.

After midnight now........ it's been a long day, and tomorrow will be another one. All I can say is.... I'm ready to go back to Disneyland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home