Sprinkles

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mickey Kitty Rules...

Leave it to the tiniest kitten to crown himself "King." Which is exactly what Mickey Kitty has been doing. He has managed to curl up in AngelBoy's favorite napping spots, no matter how many times I've told him not to upset that blue-eyed cat. Just what I don't need-- AngelBoy feeling slighted. He's been pretty good, however, when Mickey Kitty gets onto his favorite chairs. I always know when that happens, because AngelBoy will walk around the house till he finds me, then curl up near my feet and look positively pitiful.

Mickey Kitty's favorite thing to play with now is a pink plastic straw. He bats it all over the house, chews on it, runs with it, hides it under furniture and then looks surprised when he finds it not two seconds after hiding it. The first straw got so beat up that I gave him a new one--- a yellow one. Which he didn't like at all. (Who says animals don't know colors?) He pretty much ignored the yellow straw, then I gave him another pink one and all was right with his little kitty-world again. He's now on his sixth pink straw. I've got a container filled with plastic straws in pink, yellow, green and orange. I had bought them for my young friend C, because she likes to use a straw with her chocolate milk. I will have to tell C that Mickey Kitty has dibs on all the pink ones.

Rusty (oldest cat) has now found a way to beat me at my own game. I thought I could better control his food intake if I kept him out on the deck, away from the food bowls of the other cats and Gracie. Rusty doesn't turn his nose up at dog food when he's searching for something to eat. Now he's into bird food, however. I've been giving the bread crusts to the birds these past couple of mornings--- the crusts that I cut from the tea party sandwiches the other day. The birds are loving the bread, but some pieces end up on the ground underneath the feeders. It didn't take Rusty long to discover that source of food....... so now he's sitting underneath the feeders and waiting for the bread crusts to fall to the ground. Rusty has never heard of a low-carb diet.

The hummingbirds are back...... lots of them in the yard this summer. They usually arrive in mid-August and stay around for a couple of months before they head off to Mexico. Mickey Kitty has never seen hummingbirds before and it's the cutest thing to watch his head moving around as he tries to keep up with the flight-path of those fast little birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home