Sprinkles

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Mickey Kitty Explores the House

Each and every day now, Mickey Kitty is discovering new things around the house. He is still fascinated with shoes, and continues to un-tie the laces on my husband's "Dockers." Mickey Kitty found his way into my closet one morning and was hopping from one open shoe-box to the next in there, totally delighted with the selection. I've since learned to make sure my closet door is latched tightly.

Mickey Kitty has also found more Victorian fans around the house. I have quite a few of them... both for decoration and to use for hot flashes, and he loves to spin those around on the floor. He found the one that I keep on my night table in the bedroom, and he was disappointed that the fan wouldn't spin on the carpeting. No problem... he carried the fan into the foyer and made it spin on the tiles there.

Plastic straws... another thing that Mickey Kitty can't get enough of. He will roll around on the carpet with one, biting it and tossing it in the air. Then he'll carry it to the tile and kick it from one end of the breakfast room to the other. And he seems to love it when his toys end up under the sofas in the house....... he makes a running dash underneath the sofa, then races out the other side with his prize.

This little kitten also loves the faux leopard afghan that I keep at the foot of our bed. Mickey Kitty somehow manages to roll part of the afghan up into a ball, then he'll nap with his head resting against the rolled-up part, and the rest of his body curled into the soft leopard.

ShadowBaby and Mickey Kitty have come to some sort of truce. Neither one is chasing the other, and both are very content with one another now when they're out on the screen-porch together or in the house. I keep telling ShadowBaby that's he still the baby-cat around here, but I know he doesn't believe me anymore. Mickey Kitty has taken over the role of baby-cat and the others are just getting used to it. Somehow, it's all working out. Thankfully.

Also, thankfully, Mickey Kitty is using any litter box that he's closest to when the need arises. There are boxes in both bathrooms, in the laundry room, and on the screen-porch. Mickey Kitty has used all of them, so I don't have to worry when he's in the house now. Unlike AngelBoy, who will only use a blue litter box, Mickey Kitty doesn't seem to mind the colors of the boxes. Which, in my opinion, is perfect----- the last thing I need is another prissy, picky AngelBoy-type cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home