Sprinkles

Thursday, September 01, 2005

And Life Goes On...

My husband's mom always said this to all of us: "No matter what happens in this world, life does go on in a sensible way."

And no matter what happens around the world or around the corner, the right thing to do is to keep your own little pocket of your own world as calm and as serene as possible. With that in mind, I called our young friend C to find out if she was ready for another tea party.

I had promised C and her friend L that I would host another tea party before they got too busy with the new school year. I told them that I would include their mothers this time, and I'd also invite a few friends of my own.

With the school schedule barely started here, C and L are already busy with classes, homework, and after-school activities. The only free day for C was this coming Monday, which is the Labor Day holiday.

So that's the day. Better to just do it now for the girls rather than hold off any longer. Before we all know it, I'll be busy planning the Halloween party, and then comes Thanksgiving and Christmas right behind that.

I've given out the invitations (cute cards decorated with tea cups) and planned the menu for Monday. I've already started on the placecards and the party favors. I'll go shopping for groceries tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be cleaning on Saturday and cooking on Sunday.

And as I type, I'm hearing thunder and it's starting to rain. I hope this rainstorm doesn't find its way to New Orleans. Heaven knows they're wet enough over there as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home