Sprinkles

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

In Search of Teapots

(Or is that tea pots?) I guess it works either way.

My two young 14-yr-olds loved the tea party so much a couple of weeks ago that not only do they want to have another one ("Soon? Can we do it again soon?").... but they also want to learn how to brew and serve tea.

That's what I like-- a mission. Off I went today with my friend A, in search of tea pots for each of the girls. Easier said than done. We went to the antique shops in League City. Now wouldn't you think that a town filled with tea rooms would have lots of tea pots for sale? (Or maybe that's why the pickings were slim, because all of the tea pots are in the tea rooms there.)

We did find tea pots... all colors, all shapes, all sizes. Most of them, however, were either too big (for their small hands), too expensive (I don't need them to be that antique), or too heavy (if it's heavy when it's empty, it will weigh too much when it's filled). I saw that at the tea party--- the girls could only manage to pour from my smallest tea pot, so I really need two-cup sizes for them.

I found one today, a white china two-cup tea pot, with tiny pink and green flowers on it. A nice shape to it as well-- not too tall, not too round. Just perfect for C's small hands, and it won't clash too much with C's lavender and white tea cup & saucer. Now I have to find one for C's friend L, whose tea cup is blue. Her hands are also small, so I'll look around for a two-cup pot for her also.

I had been looking on eBay for tea pots, but now I see that that might not have worked. Until you actually pick up the tea pot and hold it as if you were pouring, you just can't tell the "feel" of it. So we'll just keep looking. I'm sure it won't be too long before I find the perfect one.

While we were out and about in the shops, I bought the girls some flavored teas, so they can try different flavors and brands. Both C and L were adventurous at our tea party, trying each of the four different teas I brewed.

A and I also talked about The Red Hat Society, which was easy to do because we were sitting in the tea room surrounded by lots of Red Hat accessories. I read the book about The Red Hat Society a couple of months ago.... interesting book, wonderful ideas. I've thought about starting a group, with about 8 women. I've only spoken to A about it, and I won't mention it to anyone else around here till I'm sure I want to do it. I'll see...... after I give it more thought.

Right now, I'm looking for one more perfect tea pot, and planning the Halloween party for next month. Always something. A says I'm getting eccentric. I think she's right. But I do believe I always was..... the eccentric part was just hiding, waiting for the right time to come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home