Sprinkles

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunday Night Stuff......

I'm still wearing the pedometer as I go about my days here....... Friday's number of steps was 14,969. Saturday's steps numbered 9,532 (a slow day). And today's number was 13,527. Totally amazing to me, but then again, I shouldn't be surprised.... I was never one to sit around much, unless I've got a book in my hand.

Speaking of books...... I'm reading the 6th Harry Potter book now. We had pre-ordered it from Amazon and my husband read it first and now I'm half-way through it. The imagination of J.K. Rowling is totally overwhelming. I would guess that the pressure is on her to make the 7th and final book of Harry Potter more amazing than the first six.

We spent part of the last few days watching movies starring Johnny Depp. We had no idea that he's made so many movies over the years. We don't spend much time at the movies and we hardly ever rent BlockBuster films..... but after seeing Johnny Depp in "Finding Neverland" and "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory," our curiosity got the better of us. Mr. Depp can surely take on any role and make it his own.

Tonight is Mickey Kitty's first night without being confined to the puppy crate. He's out on the screen-porch now, with AngelBoy. Mickey Kitty has run of the screen-porch all day long, so I thought I'd try not crating him at night. AngelBoy keeps the little kitten in his place with a single long hiss. Mickey Kitty hears that and backs away without trying a second time. ShadowBaby needs to learn how to hiss like AngelBoy. Poor ShadowBaby runs away from Mickey Kitty, which only makes the kitten run faster and faster and of course, he catches up with ShadowBaby.

This afternoon, Mickey Kitty was biting ShadowBaby's tail and not stopping, and ShadowBaby was just sitting there and whining and meowing. Rusty was on the porch at the time and he got up from his napping spot and walked over to Mickey Kitty and gave him a swat on his tiny head with his Rusty-sized paw and that was the end of that. Mickey Kitty left ShadowBaby alone, and Rusty resumed his nap. Maybe ShadowBaby needs to take lessons from both Rusty and AngelBoy on teaching manners to Mickey Kitty.

It's been hot, hot, hot all week, and we haven't had rain in two days now. I guess I need to turn the sprinkler system back on tomorrow. Let's see... how many steps from the back door to the garage....

While we were out doing errands today, we stopped in Target so I could get new shampoo. I had been using a mild shampoo which protected the color on my hair. Well, forget that.... this dark brown coloring isn't one I want to save. I can hardly wait till this washes out and I have my own color back again. I am still looking in the mirror and tsk-tsking over this hair.

I swear, I can hear my dear friend Frankie's voice in my head from time to time. A friend of Frankie's once asked her why she didn't color her hair to get rid of her gray. Frankie, wise and practical that she was, replied: "Honey, once you start with that hair color stuff, you've got to do it again and again and again and again........ and both my time and my money is just too precious to waste on that."

If Frankie were still alive, I probably would've told her that I was thinking of adding color high-lights to my hair to cover the gray strands....... and she would've given me that opinion of the entire process.... and saved me all of this grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home