Sprinkles

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Gracie to The Vet -&- Harry Potter

Today was the day for Gracie to go to the vet's..... she was under anesthesia to have her teeth cleaned, and she also had a lump removed from her chest area. Right now, both she and my husband are resting and doing just fine.

This morning, however, was a different story. My husband took Gracie to the vet's office at 7:30. I'm sure that Gracie thought they were going to the beach, or to the bakery for breakfast rolls. Poor Gracie was in for a shock when the morning's drive ended at "Uncle Todd's" office. Gracie dug her heels in when they tried to get her in the exam room, so my husband went back there with her. Gracie had her escape well-planned..... as soon as they put her on the scale to be weighed, she jumped off and ran to the door. She didn't get very far, since the door was tightly latched.

Gracie was there all day...... we picked her up at 4:00 this afternoon. She was on her feet when we got there, but very groggy still, and unsteady as she walked. If Gracie could've gotten into my husband's pocket, she would've done just that. She walked over to him and let her body rest against his legs while Todd gave us instructions for her pain medication. During the car ride home, Gracie tried to keep her head on my husband's shoulder, but she was just too "out of it" to do anything more than lay down and take a nap.

When we got home, the cats sniffed around Gracie and I'm sure they detected a medicinal odor from the vet's office, and they're staying away from her. Gracie is a little more alert now than she was this afternoon, and I'm sure she'll be fine in the morning.


"Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince" --- I finished the book this afternoon. Shocking, parts of it, and I won't mention the details here because I don't want to give anything away. My husband read the book before I did, and he couldn't wait till I got to the last few chapters so he could discuss them with me. I just wouldn't have guessed the outcome of this book, and one thing I know for sure--- I hope J.K. Rowling uses the 7th and final book in this series to answer the questions that were left un-answered in this volume. This entire series has been great reading. Rowling's imagination is just incredible.

There was an article in The Houston Chronicle a couple of weeks ago..... it seems that the new Pope in Rome has declared the Harry Potter books to be a good example of bad writing, bad thoughts, bad superstitions, bad magic. Well, pooh to that, in my opinion. The Pope talks of superstitions in the Harry Potter books? Well don't get me started on the list of superstitious rituals that abound in the Catholic Church and thrive inside the walls of The Vatican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home