Sprinkles

Friday, December 10, 2004

Fabulous Friday

Absolutely gorgeous weather again today.... I wish I'd had time to go out in the yard and sit in the sun for a while, but I had too much to do today for tomorrow night's party.

I've done everything I can possibly get done until tomorrow morning. All I've left on my list is the very last-minute things that I can't do today. I didn't take time to exercise today, unless walking back and forth throughout the house today can be called 'exercise.' Maybe I can get some exercises in after we get home tonight. I even got the cakes baked and frosted today. Both of them look great and the house smelled heavenly while they were baking. I made a German Chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting, and a Devil's Food cake with chocolate icing. Between all the cookies I baked, and the Greek pastries I bought, plus the two cakes, we should have more than enough.

While I was in the middle of baking, the doorbell rang with a delivery from the local florist. Our neighbor ML across the street sent a beautiful floral arrangement, with a thank-you note for having everyone here for the Christmas party. Such a huge, beautiful arrangement. I called her and told her I was going to put it right in the middle of the dining room table tomorrow night.

I'm sitting here dressed in party clothes for tonight's party at the home of my husband's boss. Two hours till we have to leave, but it didn't take me as long as I thought it would to pick out something to wear and get myself all done up. Or "all dolled up," as my Uncle Mino used to say.

I'm so glad that I reorganized my closets a couple of months ago. I swear I had clothes in there that I hadn't worn yet, which is why I promised myself that I wouldn't go shopping for holiday clothes this year. I'm wearing a silk skirt and blouse that I found last summer... beautiful slinky skirt with a ruffle along the bottom and a slit up the side. I knew when I found this skirt that it would be perfect for a party. And when you happen to find party clothes, you just have to buy them, because when you're actually looking for something like this, you'll never find it.

Anyway.... the house looks great... everything is set for tomorrow. And I know that this weekend will fly by in a heartbeat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home