Sprinkles

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Saturday Night Lights

Cloudy, damp, cool day today..... not a good day for walking around Galveston for the "Dickens On the Strand" festival, but a perfect day for staying home and finishing up the big tree. And that's exactly what we did.

My husband worked on the lights all day today.... every bubble light in his collection is on that tree.... must be over 200 of them. He didn't even use the figural lights this year, just bubble lights. I just finished up with the ornaments about half an hour ago. I went through all the ornament boxes and pulled out all the blown-glass ones... and every one of those is now on the tree. I left off the Lenox ornaments, the cute-sy crafty ones, and anything else that wasn't blown glass. The tree looks fabulous. We always have a great tree, if I do say so myself, but this year's Frasier Fir is very vintage-looking with lots of nostalgia.

I also took care of ordering the canapes and desserts that we'll need for the Christmas party next Saturday night, so that's all done. I'm planning to bake two cakes, and if I have time, I'll bake some cookies. But if I don't, I'll just get myself to the French bakery and pick out some goodies there. I've been to parties where all the desserts are home-baked, and I have to wonder how long before the party night does that hostess start baking? No matter how many weeks or months I start planning for a party, there's always last-minute things to take care of that delay the baking time. I'm sure I ordered too much food, but we'd rather have too much than too little. Plus, it's all things that we like, so if we have to be eating leftover canapes between the party night and Christmas Eve, so be it.

That's about the story for this day. As I said, the weather wasn't the greatest. Inbetween all the clouds, we had fifteen minutes of sunshine. Someone has kidnapped our Texas weather....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home