Sprinkles

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Thursday Evening

Busy, busy day today......... feels like I've only sat down for breakfast and lunch. Gorgeous day today... lots of sun, nice and warm. A lot of birds outside at the feeders all day. I didn't feed them yesterday because of the insect-spray that was put all over the yard, so I guess they're all extra hungry today.

I baked more cookies... those bar cookies with chocolate and butterscotch chip and walnuts and coconut, sprinkled on top of a graham cracker cookie-crust. They went fairly easy. A few of them broke into pieces, which my husband didn't mind at all. As for me, I need to stop sampling every cookie I make or else I'll have to be exercising twice as long as I usually do. I was going to bake the cakes today, but I'll leave that for tomorrow, then I can frost them early on Saturday.

The dining room buffet has all my pretty plates right on top, ready for the party. From dessert size to luncheon size, and lots of pretty patterns. I covered them all up with Saran-wrap, so not a speck of dust can get to them between now and Saturday night. I have a pretty fabric-covered box that holds all of my forks, so that's all set up with the good silverware sets. On Saturday afternoon, I'll take all of the forks from the kitchen drawer and add them to the box.

I've called the restaurants to confirm the food orders, and told them my husband will be by on Saturday to pick everything up. I called the "entertainment" to confirm, and the man said to me "Christmas Party? This Saturday? Really?" Very funny. Everyone's a comedian. I told my husband that story and he laughed out loud.

Speaking of my husband... he was sitting at the little table in our breakfast room this morning, wearing a Santa hat and taking care of last-minute paperwork for his job. Gracie sat next to him, but the cats sort of looked at him funny. ("Who's the guy in the red hat?")

And that's been about the day. Last minute things will just have to wait till the last minute to do, but this year I've got some help. I asked the waitress at the local Greek restaurant to come help out with the party. So that will make it easier on me because I can ask her to replenish the food platters and make sure the dirty plates and forks find their way to the kitchen.

I just looked at my fingernails and realized I didn't write "polish nails" on my to-do list. So I'll have to get that done tomorrow night. Details, details....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home