Sprinkles

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Labor Day weekend coming up....

Time to hide under the covers. Or better still, hide upstairs in my library and not come out till it’s all over.  A whole year has gone by. Still hurts, still can’t believe it, still so very sad that it happened. And it still makes me cry, as if it happened just yesterday.

Be kind, people. Be kind. Be generous. Be forgiving.

I have been busy with the local kids and our summer book club which has turned into a book club that keeps on going because the kids don’t want it to end. I took that as a compliment, and agreed to keep the book club meetings every Monday till the kids themselves no longer want it. They are having a great time, with books and book crafts, and I am enjoying every Monday as well.

The book club at the elementary school doesn’t start until early October. There will be other after-school programs as well, and the teachers need time to prepare. My Magic Wand Book Club will be for fourth graders only this year.  The fifth and sixth grade students will have band and sports after school, and there’s no sense in me trying to compete with that.

Our tiny kitten Zuzu has been growing at a slower rate than the male kittens (Julius and Peaches) that I found on the road last year. Zuzu clearly has made herself at home, and the older cats are very protective of her.  At the end of September, I will take Zuzu to the vet to be spayed... I will have to leave her overnight... I already told the vet that I will be at his office door two minutes after he opens up the following morning.

Kittens... got to love them.

Life... got to love it, no matter what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home