Sprinkles

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Another month almost over...

I sound like a broken record, but the months are just flying by. Time. There is just no stopping it, and I find myself getting frustrated at whatever and whoever wastes my time. Junk eMails are at the top of my list. I cannot even begin to count the number of nonsense eMails that I have to delete each week. The downside of technology.

Zuzu has made herself quite at home here. She has the three older cats wrapped around her cute little  paw. She is such a tiny kitten still, and doesn’t seem to be growing as fast as the male cats did. She is a delicate little kitten, but totally fearless. We didn’t need a fourth cat, but I am glad we decided to keep her. Princess Zuzu can usually be found in the top tier of the carpeted cat tower... her private penthouse.

We had roofers here all week, replacing this many-tiered and gabled old Victorian roof, plus the breezeway and the garage. Every old shingle was torn off and precisely replaced by a small army of workers who showed up early in the morning and worked till dinner time. It was not a stellar week for Savannah, who cringes at any loud sound... and having workers pounding hammers and nails all over the house didn’t make for quiet days for our sensitive dog. And just when the hammering quit, one of the neighbors decided to have target practice on their property, and Savannah spent two hours shivering and shaking and hardly able to breathe. With certain neighbors, there is no such thing as a quiet country life. I have accepted that from them, but Savannah is inconsolable during their ruckus.

And me... my escape is reading... I just keep reading. Two books a week, at least. Reading takes one away when you have to stay where you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home