Sprinkles

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Kittens R Us

Peaches and Julius are both doing well, settling in and making themselves at home... or actually, making themselves at home in just one room of the house. When I am certain that they behave themselves, then they will have a bigger kingdom to explore.  But for now, just the one room, with a tile floor for easier cleaning. They have been using their litter boxes since the first day, but they are so young that sometimes they don’t get their tails or back paws out of the way so there are tiny polka-dots decorating the tiles now and again. As I said.... easy to clean on the tile floor.

The kittens have a very close bond with one another, but their personalities are so different. Julius is a lover... he jumps into my lap as soon as I sit down, and he starts purring as soon as I walk into the room. He looks like he will grow into a serious and intelligent cat, which is why I changed his name from Spats to Julius.  Peaches has not purred at all... he jumps into my lap when he sees Julius there, but he doesn’t stay long. Peaches jumps out of my lap after a minute or so and chases his toys, and Julius stays on my lap and watches his brother, purring the whole time and perfectly content to be cuddled.

Savannah has been watching the kittens through the plexiglass we put up between the kittens’ room and the TV room, but I have not let them play together yet.  Savannah  is way too big for Peaches and Julius, and if she starts to play with the kittens like she does with Sweet Pea, the kittens aren’t big enough to stand up to her and make her understand that she needs to back off. Sweet Pea rules the pet roost around here, and I have a feeling that Peaches will be right up there near the top of the Kitty Totem Pole when he gets bigger.

Kittens.... they are all cute, and I truly think that both Peaches and Julius will mature into beautiful cats. Kittens are also a lot of work in the beginning, but I tend to just do the work and remember that they won’t always be two-pound kittens that need so much clean-up time. I will admit that I was glad I found them on the road, probably saving their very young lives.  I was happy that our friend adopted both of them, and happier still that he brought them back because his landlord said no pets.  And when Julius purrs in my lap and Peaches chases a catnip mouse around the floor, I just have to smile and think how lucky I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home