Sprinkles

Monday, May 14, 2018

See you in September....

This past Thursday was the last afternoon for The Magic Wand Book Club. The fifth and sixth graders were subdued, but the fourth graders were their usual boisterous little selves. I am hoping beyond hope that the coming summer months will have the fourth graders growing into a little bit of quietude and maturity. But I won’t be betting the ranch on that.

I brought in enough books on Thursday so the students could take extra books for summer reading. I think one fourth grader took home enough books to open up a book-stand in his front yard and sell paperback novels along with sweet tea and lemonade. Hopefully, he will read some of them before making a profit.

I gave my eMail address to the girls in the fifth and sixth grades and asked them to keep in touch and let me know how their summer was going and what they were reading. They seemed excited to get the eMail address and I am hoping some of them do use it.

The sixth grade girls asked me if they could still come to Book Club on Thursdays even though they will be in the seventh grade next term. Of course I said they could, and I hope they do.

The elementary school is moving into a new building over the summer. The new facility will be closer to the junior high and the high school, so all the school buildings will be within the same few streets. I told the principal that I would visit the new school in mid-August to see the new library and plan out the tables for the Book Club.

I will miss those kids over the summer, but I know next term will be even better than this past first Book Club term. I think I have ironed out the kinks and come up with a better lesson plan for the new term come September.  Now.... if I can just get those fourth-soon-to-be-fifth-graders to settle down some....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home