Sprinkles

Thursday, July 12, 2018

The cat gods have spoken...

After two days of wondering if the kittens (Peaches and Spats) were adjusting to their new home, I got a phone call this morning from the friend who adopted them. Turns out that his landlord was not happy because of a no-pets clause in the lease. So our friend was calling me to tell me he was sorry but he had to bring the kittens back. He even asked the landlord if he could keep just one, but the landlord doesn’t want his tenants to have any pets at all. Zip. Nada. Not even a bird.

I thanked him for calling me instead of taking the kittens to a shelter.... he will be here in a little while, when he leaves work for the day.  I already have the large first floor bathroom all set up for the kittens... they will stay in there till I know they are fully box-trained, then they can explore the TV room as well, with our older cat Sweet Pea.  Our dog Savannah will have to adjust to the new kittens, otherwise she will have to stay out of the TV room. And who knows, maybe Savannah will have a motherly instinct towards the new babies. But until I am certain of that, she will be closely monitored.

I have made an appointment with the local vet... the kittens will be there tomorrow for their first checkup and shots. Plus the vet can tell me the gender of each... they are so small, it was hard to figure that out.  All of this activity for these two kittens... but they seem to be resilient, plus this life is better than the life they had in the woods and on the road.

For whatever reason, the cat gods chose to put those two sweet kittens in my path... and who am I to argue with the Cat Powers That Be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home