Sprinkles

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Here's looking at you, kid...

We found out late last night that Lauren Bacall has passed away.  She was always one of my Aunt Dolly's favorite actresses, and between Bogart and Bacall, my Aunt Dolly has seen all of their movies countless times over the years, and never gets tired of them. (At 101 years old, my aunt is still watching those movies.)

How could anyone 'get tired' of Bogart and Bacall anyway?  I loved watching all those old black/white movies with my Aunt Dolly when I was a kid, and then again in my tiny NY apartment when I was working at the library years ago. Bogart, Bacall, and popcorn... a good mix, with beautiful memories.

Just as Bogart was one-of-a-kind, so was Lauren Bacall. She was "a class act," as my dad would say.

"Here's looking at you, kid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home