Sprinkles

Monday, April 14, 2014

Senior moments....

Good grief.... we all used to joke about having 'senior moments' years ago.  Well, wake up... because they're here, right here.

This past weekend was the annual Bluebonnet Gathering of friends of ours. They eMailed invitations to all their friends and neighbors at the end of March. Plenty of notice, plenty of time to plan to attend.  And we did indeed plan to be there. The party was on the 12th. Somehow, for all of last week, I kept thinking that the 12th was on Sunday.

So there we were, my husband and I, in front of this friend's property at 2:00 in the afternoon on Sunday.... and their gate was closed and locked. What? How could that be?  Their property backs up to our property, but we can't walk there because of all the pastures, plus the ponds and the creek, plus heaven-only-knows what is in the woods between our two properties.  My husband and I sat there in front of A and J's gate just long enough for me to realize that I didn't have her phone number with me, so I couldn't call her right there in front of that closed gate.

We drove home.... I turned on my computer and looked at the invitation in my In Box.... and then I looked at the calendar right on my desk, for goodness sake.... and realized that the 12th was on Saturday. Well, no wonder why their gate was closed and locked..... we were a day late for the Bluebonnet Gathering.

Stupid, stupid, stupid..... that's how I felt.  And when I got over that stupid feeling, I called A on the phone and told her exactly what had happened.  We both had a good laugh, but still, I felt very badly for missing her party for such a ridiculous careless reason, especially since A and J come to all of our parties--- on the right day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home