Sprinkles

Monday, July 01, 2013

Monday stuff.....

One of the neighbors called me tonight, to see if I was missing a pet duck. He said that when he locked up his chicken coop before dark, there was a duck in there with the roosters and the hens. (And the roosters let the duck into the coop with the hens?)  I told him we had ducks swimming in our pond a few months ago, but as the rain showers quit, the number of ducks decreased.  There's barely a puddle in the pond now, being that the last rain we had was the first week of June, and I haven't seen any ducks in weeks and weeks.

I suggested that maybe the duck was injured....... which could account for it hanging out with the chickens... and which could also account for the roosters not picking a fight with it.  The neighbor said he'd try and see if the duck had an injured wing or foot.

Our temperatures today weren't as hot as they've been..... this morning was nearly comfortable, this first day of my vow not to walk during the months of July and August.  I miss the morning walk already, but honestly..... getting up before first-light to walk as soon as the sun comes up isn't exactly a must-do on my priority list.  Well, it was.... but the heat just did me in last month, and we're barely into July here. 

My cell phone now sings out "When You Wish Upon a Star" as a call is coming in...... my husband downloaded the Disney song and put it on my new cell phone. I have no idea how that works, but I really love this new cell phone now.  Maybe now, the next time we're in one of the Disney parks, I won't start crying when I hear that song playing during the parades.

I've started covering my car with king-sized bed-sheets...... the fitted sheet slips easily around the headlamps and side-view mirrors, and then the flat sheet tucks into the fitted sheet and lays over the roof and the back half of the car.  Saves the car from the cats' paw-prints.... Mickey especially.  I can always tell when he's been on my car..... Mickey jumps up onto the roof of the car, then slides down the windshield.  My pretty silver blue T-Bird now wears pink and green flowered sheets when it sits in the garage. I haven't used those sheets since we moved into this house anyway. Being this far in the hills, we're surrounded by spiders and scorpions............ and you can't easily see those critters on bed-sheets that have floral patterns.  I'll be sleeping on plain bed-sheets from now till kingdom come.

Weeds..... we've been pulling up weeds for a couple of weeks now.  Just whose idea was it to re-plant all of those flowerbeds?  We didn't have this many weeds when there were no flowers in those beds......and now that we're trying to keep the beds blooming and colorful--- we have weeds.  It's just too blasted hot for pulling weeds, I can tell you that.  

In my mind's eye, I can still see the gardens of Pearl Fryar. Without a doubt, that was one of the best parts of our trip last month.  PEACE. LOVE. GOOD WILL..... all spelled out in his garden with red begonias.  Those incredible topiary creations of his..... the sculptures and the statues and the water fountains..... everywhere you looked, a little bit of magic, and a lot of love.  If you are anywhere near Bishopville, South Carolina........... you must, must, must see Mr. Fryar's gardens.

I did not see one weed on Mr. Fryar's property. Proof positive that his garden is Heaven-on-Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home