Sprinkles

Monday, June 03, 2013

Hope.

I read a beautiful quote on my friend J's Pinterest page this morning........ and I wanted to get it down here so I wouldn't forget it.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."  -- Emily Dickinson

And, being that I'm still happily immersed in reading "The Great Gatsby," here is what F. Scott Fitzgerald said about Jay Gatsby (concerning hope):   "If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him, some heightened sensitivity to the promises of life, as if he were related to one of those intricate machines that register earthquakes ten thousand miles away. This responsiveness had nothing to do with that flabby impressionability which is dignified under the name of 'creative temperament'--- it was an extraordinary gift for hope, a romantic readiness such as I have never found in any other person and which it is not likely I shall ever find again."

Hope.  As Beverley Nichols would have said........... One must always have hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home