Sprinkles

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

It's that time of the year again, a little earlier than usual--- the clocks go ahead one hour. Which is always fine with me, because I don't like when it gets dark at 6:30. Having the sun out till nine o'clock just makes a good day even better.

Everything is earlier this year..... Mardi Gras, Easter, Daylight Savings Time..... seems that the year is speeding along even quicker than usual.

We're not "doing" Easter this year, being that Easter Sunday comes just a week after St. Patty's Day. We're having friends over for our St. Patty's Green Lunch, so we figured that was all we needed to be doing this month. We're still talking about hosting an Ice Cream Sundae Sunday.... those plans are still in the works. I already have the invitations for that type of party, plus the favors--- sparkling glass ice cream cone ornaments and books on ice cream.

Yesterday was Miss C's 17th birthday. I've already given her two of her gifts--- one being a new birthday candle. The one I gave her a few years ago has just about seen the best of its days, and it was time for a new one. Without a doubt, she will use this birthday candle for the next few years, lighting it up for a bit during her birthday-day breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then putting it up on her desk shelf till the next year's birthday celebration. When we take her out for dinner, I will give her the rest of her gifts. C usually brings her birthday candle with her when we take her out for dinner, and we put it in the center of the table and light it up. She is so sentimental about things like that, and it's very touching.

I'm still smiling over the essay that Miss C wrote and entered in the essay contest. Winning that contest is immaterial, because in my mind, C is (and always has been ) a winner. Of all the people in her life that she could have chosen to write about, I am immensely flattered that she chose me. I just shake my head in wonder at all the little things she remembers from year to year.... and it's the little things that seem to be most important to her.

I didn't go to yard sales this morning....... the temperature dropped down to 50 degrees last night, and it wasn't much warmer when I got up this morning. Yard sales aren't much fun when you have to bundle up in sweaters and coats, so I went back to bed and slept till 7:30. There will be more than enough Saturday morning yard sales as the weather gets warmer.

This afternoon was beautiful.... nice and sunny..... not as warm as I'd like it to be, but we can't complain when the temperature is 75 degrees here when most of the country is dealing with heavy rains and snowstorms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home