Sprinkles

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Will the real Texas weather please stay put?!

Summer. It's here one day, gone the next. Yesterday it was gone, with temperatures no higher than 60. Today will be warmer, near to 80, so summer is back again. In all the years we've lived here, we've never had such a yo-yo-ing of the temperature as we've had this season. And this weekend is when the clocks are set ahead an hour, so that means that summer should be here for good. Are the weather gods listening?!

The perfect black dress...... I went to SteinMart the other day and tried on that black dress again. I took off the belt that came with the dress, and tried on some others. Found the perfect one--- a belt of gold metal circles, and I also found the same sort of belt in silver. So I can dress it up or dress it down, and it will be the perfect dress each time.

That worked out so well that I tried on some jeans. Found the perfect pair as well... a dark color, no crazy pockets, no outlandish embroidery, just a few tiny gold metal studs on the back pockets... all I had to do was turn up a hem on them and they're just fine. A perfect shopping day, finding a black dress and a pair of jeans. I quit while I was ahead and didn't buy anything else.

When I came home, I went through my closet and my dresser and chose two things to put into the donation box (two tops that I hardly wear anymore), and then I went through all of my belts (none of which worked with that black dress) and tossed eight of them into the donation box as well. (Keeping with my rule-- new things in, old things out. I got rid of more belts than I bought, so I'm ahead of myself.)

As I type this, AngelBoy is on a chair in my sitting room. He's napping there with his two front paws crossed and his blue-eyed face is resting on his paws. He must be dreaming because every minute or so, I hear a little chirping noise from him. His eyes are shut tightly, he seems to be fast asleep...... but those little noises just seem to be part of his dream. I can only imagine what cats dream about. Endless open cans of Fancy Feast? Soft plushy chairs that aren't off-limits? Although in this house, no chairs are off-limits to these cats.

We tried that in the beginning.... tried to keep the cats off of the furniture. It worked for a while, but then they would jump on the sofa or a chair when we weren't looking. When we did see them there, they looked so darn cute as they slept that we just left them where they were. And now we have Mickey Kitty, who takes a giant flying leap from one arm of the living room sofa to the other.... The Mickey Express, as we call it. And, of course, we think he's cute. Positively adorable, in fact, given his tiny eight-pound size.

The saving grace is that our cats have been de-clawed. I hated to do it, but I would have hated to live with the consequences had they not been de-clawed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home