Sprinkles

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baby white bunnies and purple Christmas trees...

Today was bunny-day for our young Miss C....... she had to pick up a baby bunny that she will be raising as part of a school program for the FFA (Future Farmers of America). C is going to take a part-time job with our local vet, but before she can do that, she has to take the FFA course. She had a choice between raising a chicken, a calf, a pig, or a bunny. Her first choice was a pig, for goodness sake. Thankfully, the subdivision rules don't allow that.

So a bunny it was.... and C's dad built a wooden bunny-house, which they're keeping out on their covered patio. C asked me to drive her to pick up her baby bunny, so that was our adventure for this afternoon. All the way there, C kept talking about how she would pick out the best, the cutest, the softest, the most adorable little bunny. When we got to the agricultural barn, there must have been about 30 bunnies--- and of course, they all looked exactly alike. And, of course, C's bunny is absolutely the cutest, softest, the most adorable.


As for the purple Christmas tree.... I had gone into the Borders Bookstore to get a book that I'd been looking for, and they had a display of table-top Christmas trees. Not green ones, but pink and purple and silver trees. I saw a cute little purple tree that was adorable, and it was only $5.00 because they had 50% off on their holiday items. Five dollars for a purple tree? How could I leave it there?

When Miss C came here after school this afternoon so we could go get her baby bunny, she saw my little purple tree and squealed. She told me that her mom was just talking about having a small purple tree for their kitchen, which is decorated with purple-grape patterns. Had we not been going to pick up the little bunny, C would have wanted to drive to Borders to get her mom one of those purple trees.

After we picked up C's baby bunny, C went home to introduce the bunny to its new home, and I got in my car and went to Borders. Wouldn't you know it....... no more purple trees. But they had the same size tree in a peacock blue and magenta mix. More to my color taste than the purple, and if I had seen this one first, I wouldn't have bought the purple one. I bought the peacock blue/magenta tree and now the purple tree is all wrapped up for C's mom. I called C and told her all of this and she will stop by here tomorrow after school and pick up the little purple tree for her mom. C suggested that I give it to her mom for Christmas, but I've already bought gifts for her mom, and besides (as I told C)--- the little tree will be more special if C surprises her with it.

All those little baby bunnies....... so cute that I wanted one. Just what I need, with a dog and three cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home