Sprinkles

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Downtown Greek Festival

This weekend is the annual Greek festival in the downtown area of Houston. I think this is nearly the 40th year that the Annunciation Church has held this four-day festival on the church grounds. Wonderful food..... we went there yesterday afternoon for lunch, and came home with to-go boxes that should last till the middle of next week. The auditorium of the school was filled with vendors selling everything from Greek cookbooks to gold jewelry from Greece. We looked around for a while and then I told my husband we needed to stop looking before I forgot my promise to myself not to buy any more jewelry.

I'm glad we decided to go yesterday because today is rainy and dreary.... pouring rain, actually. Once again, the backyard has turned into a soggy green carpet of grass. No matter how thick the grass gets here, a good soaking rain turns it into a huge wet lawn-sponge.

Our Halloween party is coming up and the RSVPs have been coming in. And my husband's sister and brother-in-law are coming for a weekend visit the week before the party. She hasn't been here since 1993, and her husband hasn't ever been here. They will be sleeping at a nearby hotel, because we no longer have a guest room in this house..... we did away with the guest room in 1998, when we realized that no one we knew up north was wanting to see Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home