Sprinkles

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Labor Day Weekend....

How can this be? The end of August, the beginning of September. Seems like the first week of June was just the day before yesterday. Maybe it really is true that time passes more quickly as you get older. Older? Who's old?

I went to two different churches today, and it seems like I've been to more churches in the last few months than I've been to in the last twenty years. This morning, I was at St. Bernadette's, to deliver pajamas for the infants and flip-flop slippers for the moms of the Gabriel Project of that church. Truly an amazing church, with lots of buildings and in-church organizations to help every segment of the population that you can think of.

This evening, I was at a local Baptist Church-- they were hosting a "Back to School Bash," and they asked the teenagers to bring a pajama set to donate to Houston's Pajama Program. I went there to say hello to the directors of the Youth Group, and to collect the pajamas.... 24 sets in all, with more to come from members who forgot to bring them to the church.

Total number of pajamas, to date, is 1400. Plus 68 pairs of those colorful flip-flop slippers that one very generous local woman has been making for us. Sometimes I just shake my head in wonder...... our Houston Chapter has done very well, considering we've had extremely little help from the corporate groups in the area. I really need a Marketing person....... and that would certainly do wonders to get the word out about our Chapter. But until I get a volunteer who's willing (and able) to put in that amount of time, there's only me, and I'm doing the best I can.

As for the weekend.... we don't know exactly what we're doing yet. The weather has been cloudy and rainy for most of today, and the Weather Gods are predicting more of the same until Monday. Oh goodie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home