Sprinkles

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Last days of school....

School is over now for our young friend Miss C... today was the last day for her. She was here yesterday, when school let out at noon-time, and I picked her up today as well, when school let out just before 10:00 a.m. for the tenth-graders.

The message board on our refrigerator had the countdown days listed till school was over-- C wrote the countdown days herself when she was here last week. Before we know it, C will be listing the days till school starts in August. She's anxious to get started with her summer plans, but being that she'll be starting her junior year in mid-August, I know she'll also be excited when school starts up again.

My husband and C went to ride "go-karts" yesterday afternoon. Do they still call them go-karts? Whatever they're called, that's what they did. I went along, but not to ride, just to watch. The bump-and-jerk of those little karts just doesn't appeal to me. It was more fun for me to watch them ride.

But that was yesterday for C--- a guy's afternoon. I took her today on errands.... mailing pajamas to one of the across-downtown children's shelters (easier for me just to mail them rather than driving all the way across town and back). Then we went to one of the local stores to look at their clearance racks.... only found three, so that's all I bought. I'm keeping myself to a fairly reasonable pajama-budget here. I'm enjoying buying these pajamas, but I'm also trying to get the most for my money.

On the way out of the Palais Royal store, I remembered there was a children's resale shop in the same shopping center, so we went into there as well. And I'm so glad I did--- they were having a "sidewalk sale," and there were so many pajama-sets on those racks. Brand new children's pajamas (still with the store tags, for goodness sake!), mostly for kids under two years, and all of them were under $2.00 a set--- most of them were less than one dollar. Now honestly, how could I not have bought those. From now on, I'll be checking that store instead of Palais Royal-- especially since I never did hear back from Palais Royal about pajama donations.

The collection numbers so far, as of today--- 541 pajamas, 370 books.

Gorgeous weather, but the humidity has started. Oh goodie. I've stopped trying to blow-dry my hair straight in the mornings, because the waves come back into it before noon-time. If I blow it straight, it looks like a bad-hair day before noon. If I let it just do its own thing with the waves, then it looks nice all day long--- looks like a body-wave, so I might as well just let it be what it is and stop trying to fuss with it.

Our dog Gracie is now wearing a red Hawaiian lei around her neck. She looks perfectly adorable, and doesn't seem to mind. She likes wearing a bandanna, but I thought the red-flowered lei would be fun for the summer. I got the idea from Miss C, who recently had a party at her house with her school friends-- the theme of the party was Hawaiian, so she got those leis for decorations, and also put one on her dog Molly, who has been wearing it since the night of the party. I remembered that we had a red silk-flowered lei up in my party closet (part of a Halloween costume) so I tried it on Gracie---I wrapped it twice around, so she doesn't trip on it.

She looks too cute, and so far, the cats aren't trying to pull it off of her neck, so I'll let it be for a while. I can tell you right now that the lei will probably come off her neck the next time my husband goes to walk her-- I don't think he'd want to be walking a flower-bedecked Border Collie/Black Lab around the park. (Men-- they just don't realize how important it is to accessorize.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home