Sprinkles

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Got pajamas?

As with Miss C and her "got biggio?" tee-shirt, I think it would be great to get tee-shirts made for C and all her friends who have volunteered to help out with my Houston Chapter of the Pajama Program. These kids are so enthusiastic about helping with whatever event comes up... they don't care if it's big or small, they just want to help. I thought the "got pajamas?" shirts would be a nice surprise for all of them. I will have to look at the shops in the Mall... surely there must be a store that makes custom tee-shirts. I hate going to the Mall, but sometimes there's just no way out of it. (Unless, of course, I can buy shirts on-line. Maybe I will try that first.)

I spoke to my cousin R yesterday.... her 55th birthday is tomorrow, but I knew she'd be home last night watching "Dancing With the Stars," so I called her when the show was over. We've both been watching that since it started-- she can appreciate the dances more than I, being that she's a contest-winning dancer herself. We both had dance lessons when we were kids but she never stopped..... which makes sense to everyone in the family because she just hated to sit still. Tap-dancing led to a little bit of ballet, but then she went back to tap, and then when we hit the 1960s, she was into dancing big-time. When the 1970s dance craze began, she was already into advanced-dance classes, and she never looked back. I believe she even taught some dance classes in the 1980s.

So here we are, both at 55...... jeez...... what is wrong with that number?! It just can't be, but it surely is. My cousin and I both think that Laila Ali will win the dance competition this year... we were rooting for Cheryl and Ian, but I don't think he can beat Laila. But we'll see... you never know how the fans are going to vote. It amazes me still that more people around the country will phone-in votes for their favorite stars, but they don't vote for politicians on such a large scale. Maybe that's what the country needs--- phone-in votes.

My cousin is already buying pajamas for kids....... she plans to bring them down here to me the next time she comes to visit. I told her that NY has a Pajama Program also, but she wants our kids here to get her pink pajamas. I just know that every pajama set that she buys is going to be pink, which is (and always has been) her favorite color. Her little puppy has a growing wardrobe of sweaters and raincoats--- all in pink. I can take credit for one of those little sweaters... I found it on eBay when she first got the puppy, whose name is Pinkie. (Of course.)

I've been on the phone a lot with Pajama Program events this week.... before anything can be set into stone, I'm learning that a lot of eMails and phone calls have to be taken care of first. I've just gotten used to the procedure. Me being me, I'm all for just doing it. But each corporation has their own protocol, and that's just the way it is.

I've also learned to keep a supply of Pajama Program material with me wherever I go. I've been telling everyone I meet, and just about everyone says that they can easily host a Pajama Party, so I leave them a flyer, with all the information they need about collecting new pajamas and books for Houston area kids.


Summer is here..... the landscaper isn't. We're still waiting for the landscaper to re-do our front and back flowerbeds. And to think that I originally wanted this work done before our own Pajama Party on the 21st of April. Silly me....... I forgot the rule here-- If it doesn't get done today, then it will get done tomorrow, unless it rains, then it may be next week... unless the truck breaks down, then it may be next month.

Am I the only one here who just does it?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home