Sprinkles

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A watched phone never rings...

I am waiting for call-backs today..... and keeping my fingers crossed that the corporation representatives I will be speaking to have a generous heart as well as an imaginative sense of kindness.

The Astros.... waiting for their Community Relations Director to return my call regarding an idea I have for one of their baseball games.

Bay Area Houston Magazine, Exchange News, The Citizen.... press releases have been sent to all three of these local publications. I'm hoping that at least one of them (and please, maybe all three) will agree to give our Houston Chapter some coverage in their upcoming issues.

WhatABurger... hoping that they will become one of our corporate sponsors. Their hamburger chain here is a long-standing Texas tradition. (I will resist telling them that I don't eat hamburgers. However, if I have to, then of course I will, and of course I will proclaim it to be the best hamburger on the planet.)

Half-Price Books... (this is a big one on the wish list)--- I'm hoping they will consider funding a Reading Center for the Houston Chapter of the Pajama Program. Their Director of Community Relations called me yesterday while I was delivering pajamas and books... when I returned his call, he was in a meeting. Now we're playing phone-tag. I've found what seems to be the perfect location for our Reading Center... just a few stores away from our own community's Half-Price bookstore, and within reasonable distance from half a dozen of the children's shelters that we will be delivering pajamas and books to.

I'm carrying my cell phone all over the house, and slipping it into my purse or pocket when I go out. I keep telling it to RING! ... but so far, it's as silent as a stone. The day is young, however... it's 9:05 as I type.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home