Sprinkles

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Party Day Plus One

Too much chocolate in this house... and I keep reading the packages to find the words "calorie free," but I'm not seeing anything that even comes close. I wrapped up three cellophane bags of chocolate for my husband to bring into work tomorrow... one for each secretary. That should make their day, and make my husband a hero around the office for at least the rest of the week.

I went up to J's house this morning... took her the bouquet of flowers and told her that she would enjoy them more than my cats. I also made a get-well card for her, and she was so happy with that-- just happy that I took the time to make a card rather than buy a card. Honestly, it's the little things that people notice.

The platter of party food was a big hit... she was interested to see what dishes were brought for the pot-luck dinner, and she was anxious to try them all. I brought her enough for lunch and dinner today, and enough dessert for a couple of days.

One of the items in J's gift bag was a vintage Valentine hanky that I used to wrap up a tube of Avon hand cream. The hanky came from J's antique shop... one of his dealers always has a big basket filled with vintage hankies. I found one that was nice and soft to the touch, as opposed to others which are made of a scratchy fabric-- not the kind of hanky that I'd want to use. I just knew that J was the hanky-type of gal, and she was positively thrilled with it. So much so that she brought out some of her hanky collection for me to see.

I stayed for a bit longer than I had planned to, and I hope I didn't come back with some of her bronchitis germs. Is bronchitis catching? I have no idea. J is such a nice lady, soft spoken and interesting to talk to... but I can tell that she can cut loose if she wants to. She reminds me somewhat of Blanche, a friend of mine from NY who used to work in Lou's coffee shop. Blanche passed away some years ago now, and even Lou has gone on to that big Greek coffee shop in the sky.

We're eating left-overs today.... chicken pot pie, Tex-Mex chicken casserole, and green bean and zucchini casserole. And a few pieces of chocolate here and there. I had a chocolate covered pretzel for lunch, for the simple reason that I've never had one before. After I ate it, I looked at the calorie count on the box.... 250 calories. Oh well. That's when I decided that was lunch. If I have another one, I will cut it in half. Better still, into quarters.

As I said.... too much chocolate in this house, and I have my dad's sweet tooth, without a doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home