Sprinkles

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Helicopters and Reporters

We woke up this morning to the sounds of helicopters.... one after the other. Couldn't figure what it was all about and I didn't find out till I met my friend A at the movies. She was playing tennis when those helicopters were making all that noise-- they were hovering around the Johnson Space Center, along with three local network news trucks.

This story about the astronaut has gotten the attention of the media-- big time. I guess now everyone will stop talking about the dentist who ran over her husband in the parking lot of the Hilton. I don't think The Powers That Be at NASA are too much in favor of all of this publicity, especially when the tragedy is a personal one, not having anything to do with NASA.

Oh well... the reporters will be hanging around the entrance to the Space Center until all of this dies down a bit.

As for the movie... this was our second attempt to see "The Queen." At the first showing on Monday, the film broke and they couldn't repair it, so off we went to try again. This movie was incredible, and the woman playing Queen Elizabeth is just outstanding. Very impressive... she (Helen Mirren) must have studied every movement and mannerism of the Queen before she started on this film.

Nice and warm outside.... not as sunny as it was this morning, but the temperature keeps rising every day. I'm waiting for the first person to tell me that it's "too hot." Then I will remind them of the cold and rainy days of January.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I had a similar experience with helicopters recently and when I got to the video store on the corner it turned out that someone had hopped the curb, driven down the side walk and into the video store where they managed to spin 180 degrees before stopping inches away from running over a pregnant video store clerk.

I guess that where there are helicopters, there is excitement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home