Sprinkles

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cold Snap

Well, I guess the 90-degree temperature-party is over..... we're now having a bit of a cold snap. The temperature this week has been 65 - 75 degrees during the day, and 50 degrees at night. And it might have been a little colder than that last night.... courtesy of the weather gods who want to make sure we're all paying attention.

The capri-slacks are hanging up in my closet and I'm wearing corduroys. Not only am I wearing a sweater, but I've got a silk camisole under it and a knitted poncho over it. I let Mickey Kitty sleep in the house last night because I thought it was too cold for his little cat-self to be out on the screen-porch. That little baby cat cuddled up on the pillows of our bed and stayed there till morning, except for a trip to his litter box sometime during the night. Sweet little kitten.... he didn't touch any of the holiday decorations while we were sleeping.

I went to the Mall last night with A, to the Coldwater Creek store where she works. I tried on a bunch of clothes.... dresses and sweaters and pretty tops........ and bought a few nice outfits. A gets an employee discount from the store, and she charged the clothes to her account to take advantage of the discount for me. I always get the Coldwater Creek catalog at home, and I love the clothes they have. Trouble is, sometimes what looks great in the pictures doesn't look as good when you put them on. Which is why I stopped ordering from their catalog. Now that the store is in the Mall, though, I can try on whatever I like to make sure it looks good and feels good.

The Mall wasn't too crowded last night, so I guess Christmas shoppers aren't rushing there till the weekend comes along. I'm sure all of that will change once Thanksgiving has come and gone. The city is also doing some roadwork along the street heading towards the Mall.... three lanes of traffic gets squeezed into one lane till after the entrance to the Mall, which will result in really interesting driving once the Christmas shopping begins in earnest. Ho, Ho, Ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home