Sprinkles

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Coming Out of the Closet

There are some days when everything you put on either doesn't look right, feel right or fit right. And today is just one of those days.

I had more outfits on this morning than I could count. And every blessed one of them went back into the closet. Slacks, blouses, sweaters, skirts.... even the shoes....... back they went. So many pretty clothes in there, and I end up wearing basically the same thing.

Very frustrating. And I know the look I want..... I just can't seem to get it together on some days. If I were younger, I'd be saying that today was a PMS day, but that's no longer the case.

Or maybe at my age, PMS stands for post-menopausal syndrome. (Translation: "Nothing looks right, feels right, fits right, tastes right, sounds right, is right.")

I love the long skirts they're wearing now, but all the ones I've tried on in the stores just have too many embellishments on them, or they're made of too many different fabrics and colors. I don't want to look like a patchwork-scarecrow, I just want one of those long skirts. I was planning on wearing one of my own today, but the two summer ones I have are too thin and bright for this time of the year, and they look ridiculous with my western boots. The one heavier long skirt that I have is black velvet... I love it and it looks great with my boots, but it's 80-something degrees today. Not exactly a black-velvet type of day for southeast Texas.

What I need is a autumn-y type of fabric that would be good for November and December. One that doesn't have six zillion sequins and beads on it. I hate the thought of shopping for clothes when I have so many things in my closet as it is. But I guess that's what I will have to do... get out there and try on even more of those long skirts.... not the frilly cotton ones in the pastel colors, and not the ones that glow in the dark with all their sequins and beads.

My husband, of course, thinks this is all just crazy. He thinks I should get dressed the way men do--- just open the closet door, take out a pair of slacks, take out a shirt, then close the closet door.

Well.... how silly does that sound?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home