Sprinkles

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Barry Good Surprise!

I am still in shock....... my husband, who never ever wants to open a gift before Christmas or even a minute before a birthday-day, came in from work tonight and gave me a little box to open. He also had a manilla envelope in his hand, but he told me to open the box first.

I thought he was joking when I saw the Christmas wrapping paper on the box. I told him that this must be a joke. "No joke," said he.

I opened the box and there was a little Bic-like cigarette lighter in there. What? Who smokes in this house? I told him "Smoking isn't a good thing." Okay.... so what's the joke?

Then he told me to open up the envelope. And out slid two tickets to see Barry Manilow in Las Vegas next year. Two tickets to see Barry! Not just any tickets in the audience, but two tickets right on the stage with Barry. For his new "Music and Passion" show at the Vegas Hilton, there are seats set up on the stage, on both sides of Manilow's piano. And we have the first two seats in the first row, right near the piano.

I can bring my copy of "Sweet Life" to the concert, and hopefully Barry will sign it for me. I've carried that book to every Manilow concert we've been to, but haven't ever been able to get a signature, even when we've had front row seats.

We'll be right on the stage with Barry. What to wear, what to wear, what to wear......!?

I called my sister as soon as I calmed down, and her words of wisdom to me were "Don't make a fool of yourself up there. Sometimes they tape those shows and you could be making a fool of yourself on TV for years to come."

Manilow's "Music and Passion." I've wanted to go to Vegas to see that show since Barry first started this new show last year. And now I'll be counting down the days till we get to go to Vegas. I have to remember to bring the book.... I have to remember to bring the little fiber-optic candle-light that I bring to all his concerts. --- That's why my husband gave me the little cigarette lighter, by the way. At Barry's concerts, when he sings "I Write The Songs," his true-blue fans will hold up some sort of light and wave it in the air. Some people hold up cigarette lighters. I have my little fiber-optic candle-wand, which makes a nice soft glow but won't set someone's clothes on fire.

Clothes... what to wear, what to wear, what to wear.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home