Sprinkles

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ouch! Baseball Hurts!

Astros, Astros, Astros.... what are we going to do with y'all?! You give us a gift by winning the pennant and then you break our hearts by letting the White Sox walk all over you. Not once, not twice, but three games in a row. Fifteen men got left on bases last night.... if you could've managed to get them home, we wouldn't have been awake till 1:30 in the morning as we watched a game that sliced our hearts into pieces with every swing of the bat.

And pardon me for calling attention to Bagwell, but for someone with such shoulder pain, he surely managed to swing that bat mightily and toss it to the ground when he was called out. My sister called me three times during last night's game. Both she and I thought last night was going to belong to the Astros. They were up 4 -0... I decided to take a bubble bath, and at about the same time up in NY, my sister decided to take a shower. We both got back to our TV sets before half an hour had passed, and in that time, the score was 5 -4, and it was the White Sox with the 5 runs.

As soon as the phone rang, I knew it would be my sister. I picked up the telephone and instead of saying hello, I said: "What happened? It was 4 -0 when I went inside to take a bath.... I came out and the White Sox scored 5 runs!" My sister screamed into the phone: "You too?! I took a shower because I thought they would win this one, and I came out and the White Sox had scored."

So there was my sister and her husband up in NY... her husband was smoking cigarettes and pacing up and down their living room.... shaking his head and telling the Astros that they were killing him. My sister told me that if the Astros lost the game, she'd probably have to call an ambulance for her husband.

And here we were down here, my husband and I, watching the game in total disbelief. Both teams kept changing pitchers.... the Astros kept leaving men on bases.... the White Sox scored again and then again. Both of us were talking to the television, but the Astros weren't listening.
We watched till the bitter end. We walked across the house and got into bed totally exhausted. I told my husband to look on the bright side--- "At least we weren't at the ballpark and we didn't have to drive all the way home after watching that massacre."

There's another game tonight. We get to do it all over again. Oh goodie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home