Sprinkles

Sunday, August 21, 2005

"This Ain't Disneyland...."

Which is exactly what I said to my husband this afternoon while we were in the supermarket shopping for groceries. You know the vacation is over when you get back to the "normal" day-to-day routine....... laundry/errands/groceries/housekeeping.

Out of all the routine chores, it's grocery shopping that I hate the most. It takes so much time, most of it annoying and repetitive. If I could design a kitchen from top to bottom, I'd have a built-in salad bar (refrigerated, of course) filled with fresh greens and vegetables and fruits, and anything else that would make a dull salad into a main-course meal. (Chocolate chips do not count.) Of course, I would still have to shop for the ingredients...... and chop and peel and dice and slice...... so the "ideal" kitchen would have Disney elves available around-the-clock to keep the salad bar filled with all the fresh ingredients.

Maybe that's the problem with grocery stores.... not enough Disney music playing, not an elf in sight, and no sign of Mickey or Minnie anywhere. No wonder the supermarket is such a boring place.

But the grocery shopping got done today....... and the problem is that it's just never-ending. In a few days time, I will need more avacados, more grapes, more lettuce. The orange juice will be nearly gone, and so will the fresh cream for my husband's coffee. And back I will go....... with one eye on the produce shelves, and the other eye on the look-out for women on cell phones who aren't paying attention to where they're pushing their shopping carts. A very un-Disney way to shop.

I guess I'll have Disney on my brain for a while now. The same thing happened last year when we went to Walt Disney World in Orlando. And I'm not alone here.... my husband has been singing the song from The Pirates of The Carribbean ride since Wednesday. ("Yo-ho, yo-ho.... it's the pirate's life for me.........")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home