Sprinkles

Friday, September 15, 2017

Another frog?!

Who would have thought.... and how are they getting in?

In the frog-friendly green bathroom upstairs, another frog announced his presence in that mostly-green room.  I have no idea how he got into the house, or into the same bathroom that Frog #1 visited a couple of weeks ago, but friend C found Frog #2 sitting on the seat of the commode. The frog, no doubt, was planning to frog-dive into the water and have himself a little morning swim.

C scooped up Frog #2 in a towel and I opened the door to the balcony so she could set the frog down on the little porch. He sat there in the sun for a few minutes, most likely deciding how he was going to get himself down into the garden from his penthouse retreat.  This second frog was one-third the size of the first frog, but the same color green... actually they both matched the decor in the green bathroom quite nicely.

Surely, this second frog will be the last one.  Hope floats, as my cousin F would say.

And the universe makes adjustments as we all plan our days.....   I was set to start the Magic Wand Book Club on September 21 at one of the local elementary schools, but the principal called today to tell me that all the after-school programs have been set back two weeks... so the Book Club won't be starting till the 5th of October.  I didn't let on, but I was a little disappointed because I've been collecting books all summer and was looking forward to the first meeting next week, but at the moment I have a slight head cold so I figured maybe this was for the best... I don't want to be passing germs around to the students along with all the great books.

Add to that.... my car has been in the shop for a day and a half... turns out there is a problem with the electronics and the computer in the car... which can only be repaired/replaced by the dealer. So the little repair place here is taking my car to the Ford dealer up on the main highway... they will call me on Monday to let me know how many days they will have my Thunderbird.  Too many days and I will have to rent a car from them... can't be out here in the hills without a car... so of course I got to thinking that maybe the change of date for the Book Club was a blessing in disguise.

The 'mom and pop' repair garage here in town did not charge me for any of the work and time they put into my car since yesterday. And they are not charging me for transporting my car from their garage to the service department at the dealership.  I know for a fact that the repair bill from the dealership will not be quite so kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home