Sprinkles

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday

Not exactly perfect weather this morning for wearing a new Easter bonnet, if one should wish to indulge, but the sky cleared up and the weather turned sunny and warm this afternoon. My cousin F and I were eMailing back and forth yesterday, discussing the long-ago days when everyone we knew got a brand-spanking-new outfit to wear to church on Easter. Everything from a new hat and hair barrettes to new socks and shoes, and everything else in-between.  I told Francine that going to church on Easter Sunday was more to see what the other kids were wearing than to listen to whatever the priest had to say, which was always considerably more than we wanted to hear at that age.

Our Easter Day here was quiet.... woke up early (wonder of wonders, Savannah didn't bark in the middle of the night) and then went out for a few errands around noon, ending with a lunch at the Chinese restaurant. (Nothing says 'Easter' like Chinese food.)  Most of the smaller stores are closed today, as they should be, and I was surprised that the supermarket in town was also shut tight (good for them, letting their employees enjoy the day off).  No surprise to us was that Walmart was open in town, business as usual, no matter what day of the year it happens to be.  I can appreciate the convenience of stores being open whenever you need something, but I do wish that everyone would close their doors on holidays.  If you know a store will be closed on a certain day, then you just make it your business to get what you need the day before, or wait till the day after. I guess retailers don't think that way... no customers = no money, and that's their bottom line.

Savannah has been very good these last couple of days. Guess she knows that I was not thrilled with her less-than-stellar behavior last week when I barely got a full night's sleep (or even a half-night's sleep) because she chose to bark at every leaf dropping from the trees or spinning in the wind on the driveway.  She gets a Blue Ribbon for being a good watch-dog, but honestly, will I believe her when/if she really has something to bark about?  My husband said that maybe Savannah is lonely at night and possibly needs another puppy to keep her company. The man is delusional. I have only one answer to that statement of his: Over my dead body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home